Friday, 24 July 2015

Crepe/Pancake recipe (the one that I swear by)

Last year I posted a fluffy pancake recipe on here (I do question my blogging schedule sometimes) and was asked by a commenter to do a post on the crepe-y style pancake I had mentioned, so here I am like seven months on (ouch) with the post - I'm trying to do a post overload to make up for the months I have been gone.
 
This pancake/crepe recipe was actually one my old French teacher uses and it was one of the better ones I had tried, I will insert a picture the next time I make these to give you guys somewhat of an idea of how they come out. And so on to the actual recipe...
 
Ingredients:
  • 250g plain flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tbsp. caster sugar or any white sugar
  • 2 tsp. of a flavourless oil (e.g. sunflower)
  • 250ml milk (I usually use whole)
  • 250ml water
  • Extra oil for frying
* If you're using semi skimmed milk you can increase the ratio of milk to water just make sure you have 500ml of the milk/water mixture.
 
Method:
 
  1. Mix all the wet ingredients (Milk, water, eggs, oil) together in a jug or large bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl mix the flour and sugar together and create a well in the middle of the ingredients.
  3. Slowly add a little of the wet mixture and whisk adding in small amounts until the wet mixture and dry ingredients are combined completely to leave a smooth thin batter.
  4. Heat a large frying pan (depending on what size you want your crepes to be) over a medium heat.
  5. Pour some oil into a saucer and fold some kitchen towel/tissue up. Dip the tissue in the oil and spread this tissue in the pan to grease it evenly.
  6. Once the pan is hot add a ladleful of batter and swirl around the pan until the base is coated and it cannot spread anymore.
  7. Allow to cook on that side and when the edges begin to brown flip over and allow to cook on the other side for two minutes or until golden brown then remove from pan.
  8. Serve with whatever toppings you like - I usually go for nutella (duh) and some form of fruit or whipped cream. BESTBREAKFASTEVER.
Do try out this recipe if you get a chance and if you have any questions just comment below. Let me know how they were if you did try them out :)
 
Asiyalulu xx

No comments :

Post a Comment